[pgrouting-users] pgRouting with Postgres 9.0 on Windows?

Richard Marsden winwaed at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 20:36:02 EST 2011

I'm trying to get pgRouting working with OSM data loaded into PostGIS.
There's quite a learning curve as I am trying to work with the route data
from an entire planet.osm file, and I'm completely new to PostGIS & Postgres
(but not SQL/databases in general, or the concepts of routing and geospatial
processing).

I've got the data loaded up into PostGIS with osm2po. I'm running with
Windows 7 x32 (x64 is available but PostGIS does not support this yet).
About to try pgRouting and I find I don't have it installed (I thought I'd
installed it earlier). And this is where I find the Windows build is
expecting Postgres 8.4 , and not the 9.0 I have installed!

Is there a Windows build of pgRouting which will work with Postgres 9.0?
Or I do have to uninstall 9.0, re-install with 8.4, and then reload the OSM
data?
(I still have the osm2po-produced scripts, but it would still take a day+ to
reload it all).

I see that pgRouting only works with node numbers. However I shall have
start/end points defined by coordinates. I'm still trying to figure the
database out. Presumably I can use a query to find the closest node to each
coordinate, although I can only see the link definitions and not the node
definitions? (or are these implicit in the links?  ie. a link has a start
node number and a start coordinate).

Has anyone done this with osm2po produced data? What did your SELECT
statements look like?
(also does anyone have a sample pgRouting SELECT that works with
psm2po-produced tables?)

Best regards,

Richard Marsden