[pgrouting-users] pgRouting Memory Issues

Richard Marsden winwaed at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 11:09:28 EST 2011

Daniel,

Thanks for your quick reply. Yes that was what I was trying to do with my
'WHERE' clause - I thought I was limiting the data pgRouting was looking at.

Going back to your earlier reply (about creating a VIEW for osm2po-produced
data), and combining with the info on the URL you provided below, I've
actually got a result back! I need to study things more, check what I'm
getting back, and work out how to get what I actually want; but I'm
definitely on the right track. Runtime was 1655ms which is also acceptable.
Although the bounding box was small, 1-2 secs/route is my target. However,
there's some leeway and it looks like app-level multi-threading will be
practical, but "minutes/route" would not be practical:  I have a lot of
routes to calculate!

Thanks,

Richard (M)