[pgrouting-users] about use of navteq data

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Mon Jan 31 04:11:00 EST 2011

> Yes, I have to build topology if I want to use pgRouting because id from
> TeleAtalas are 'long integer' and not 'integer' (this create a type error)
> and
> don't start from 1,
> this is an example: 173800024175760.

If your overall number of network links fits into type "integer" (what I
think is the case for Italy), then you could create a temporary table with
all existing start or end ID's. If you add a column with type serial, this
column will be then populated with numbers starting from 1.
You then can add additional columns to your network table for integer start
and end ID and update them with the serial ID from the temporary table.

Georepublic UG & Georepublic Japan
eMail: daniel.kastl at georepublic.de
Web: http://georepublic.de