[pgrouting-users] iGO shp format

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Mon Jan 31 14:16:36 EST 2011

On 1/31/2011 1:36 PM, Miroslav Novta wrote:
> Hello pgRouting group,
>
> I am about using pgRouting with shp data in iGO internal shp format.
> There are some difference i have not see in other format. I am a
> beginner in pgRouting. I expect someone have solved the problem i am
> facing. The iGO shp has three levels -1, 0 and 1in T_LEVEL and
> F_LEVEL specifying the different physical levels, of the way, only
> edges in same level are connected. There is also maneuvers table
> specifying maneuver restrictions. Is pgRouting supporting these table
> specification? If it is supported specification, is there a cookbook
> how to prepare such data for pgRouting?

You want to use the assign_vertices_3d() function that I posted to the
list recently. Use the Level as the z-value of the coordinates. You mig
need to scale up the values if you are working in meters rather than
degrees.

There is some basic support for "turn restrictions" which is what you
are looking for. But it is not well documented or very easy to use and I
believe it only works with shooting start analysis.