[pgrouting-users] directed and has_reverse_cost parameters

Maxime Phaneuf Maxime.Phaneuf at USherbrooke.ca
Mon Jun 27 16:31:41 EDT 2011

Hi,

I was playing aroung with pgRouting 1.0.3 with this example
(http://www.davidgis.fr/documentation/pgrouting-1.02/). I used the
dijkstra_sp_directed() function  as stated in the example and
everything worked like it was supposed to.

But, I tried changing the has_reverse_cost to false in the same
function. I got no result back. I also tried with astar_directed, and
still no results. As far as I understand, if the directed parameter is
set to true and the has_reverse_cost is false, it means that reverse
direction is prohibited and if has_reverse_cost is true, the reverse
cost is used.

So, how come I get no result when I set has_reverse_cost to false
while directed is true?

THanks in advance,
Maxime