Re: [pgrouting-users] bug in pgRouting: server closed the connection unexpectedly‏

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Sun Nov 13 11:11:29 EST 2011

On 11/13/2011 3:36 AM, E. . wrote:
> hi all,
>
> i finally figured out what the problem is.
>
> high values of "source" and "target" fields crash pgRouting.
>
> with high i mean this:
>
> source | target |
> ----------+---------
> 64629390 | 64629391 |
> 64629654 | 64630762 |
>
> must be a register overflow.
>
> that's prpbably why the solution was to rebuild the tables, if the
> source and targets fields will be renumbered.

Hi EJ,

Thank you for the report. Which method were you using? Dijkstra, astar,
shooting star? Can you give use the query the was causing the fault? It
might also be helpful if you could provide the results of:

select min(source), min(target), max(source), max(target), count(*)
from <your table>;

Does renumbering the table solve your problem?
What was the error/crash message you were getting?

In my mind, it is a bug to crash the server or the connection, we should
understand and fail gracefully if we have to but not crash.

Thank you for help,