[pgrouting-users] ultimate solution to assign_vertex_id() bug :-)

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Tue Oct 4 23:22:31 EDT 2011

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 12:07 PM, Stephen Woodbridge <woodbri at swoodbridge.com
> wrote:

> YuLongzhen,
>
> Thank you for your report. I think your analysis and solution are correct.
>
> Daniel or Anton,
>
> quote_ident() should only be used when quoting a column or table when it is
> actually being used as a column or table object in the SQL and not when it
> is being used as a string. But you guys know that and I assume this is just
> a brain slip when editing the script. Anyway, please update git when you
> have a chance.
>
> Thanks,
>  -Steve

Hi YuLongzhen and Steve,

As far as I remember assign_vertex_id has almost not been modified since it
was part of pgDijkstra many years ago.
So thank you for looking into this, YuLongzhen! Nobody has ever notified
this (and reported).

YuLongzhen, if you want to clone the Github repository, make the
modifications and submit a "pull request", then the credits for the patch
will be yours.

Georepublic UG & Georepublic Japan
eMail: daniel.kastl at georepublic.de
Web: http://georepublic.de