[pgrouting-users] Get the edges in correct order

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Wed Oct 12 10:51:18 EDT 2011

Hi Florian,

Thank you for you offer to look into the problem.
On GIS StackExchange someone mentions wrong order due to a JOIN. I haven't
seen this post before. What I remember is people telling that the edges are
in the correct order, but sometimes the edge needs to be flipped because end
point of an edge is connected with the end point of the next one for
example. When you draw the line it looks OK, but if you navigate from start
to end point of each edge, then sometimes the order is wrong.
Is this the problem you mean?

In that case in the wrapper function you had to check if start and end point
of the geometries match, otherwise flip an edge to make it fit. The order of
the core function should give the right order of ID's, but the wrapper
function, that returns the geometry, only cares about the geometry not it's
direction.

Understandable?
I haven't heard about the JOIN problem yet, so this could be some different
issue.

Regards,
Daniel

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 7:00 PM, Florian Hackenberger <
f.hackenberger at chello.at> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have the same problem, see also
> http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/15568
>
> Any news on the subject? I'm proficient with Postgre, so I would be
> willing to have a look at the problem, but would welcome a bit of
> guidance where to start, in order to speed up the search for the
> problem.
>
> Yours,
>        Florian
> --