[pgrouting-users] problem with 2 edges with same endpoints

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Thu Oct 13 12:00:14 EDT 2011

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 12:32 AM, Worth Lutz <wal3 at mindspring.com> wrote:

>  I am having a problem with a route taking the long way around when two
> edges have the same nodes.****
>
> ** **
>
> I have used dijkstra_sp_delta and astar_sp_delta and get the same results.
> ****
>
> ** **
>
> This is my first attempt to do routing and it works easily.  I took my
> street db and added the routing stuff and went at it.****
>
> ** **
>
> What could be causing the routing algorithm to take the long way when
> choosing between the two edges?

Dijkstra and Astar algorithm route from node to node with a cost assigned.
They don't check if there are more than one possibility and take just the
first one.

You can either split "parallel" ways into two, or you can use Shooting Star,
because it routes from road segment to road segment.

Georepublic UG & Georepublic Japan
eMail: daniel.kastl at georepublic.de
Web: http://georepublic.de