[pgrouting-users] pgrouting with TeleAtlas Multinet
woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Thu Sep 22 20:35:56 EDT 2011
On 9/19/2011 4:04 PM, Ricardo Silva Pedro wrote:
> Hi, I'm a new user of PostGis and PGRouting.
> I'm using a Geoserver + OpenLayers solution with own TeleAtlas shape-files.
> I have license for using the NW layer in routing mode, and I'm trying to
> find tutorial to know how to build a network in PGRouting.
> Can someone help-me finding information on that.
> I'm now using RWNet and I have all the "recipe" to create the network
> information based on a Multinet shapefile, but I want to try the PGRouting.
The recipe for any data set is roughly the same as the tutorial:
1. load you road network into postGIS as a table
2. create a network topology using assign_vertex_id() or if you have
zlevels then you might need to find a copy or modify assign_vertex_id()
to handle zlevels.
3. update your cost and reverse cost columns based on one-way streets
4. you should be good to go to test the basic system
5. if you want to use turn restrictions read the docs and ask on the
list. This is a lot harder at the moment to use.
More information about the Pgrouting-users