[pgrouting-users] tsp strange results

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Mon Apr 30 21:23:55 EDT 2012

Hi Gavin,

I don't know anyone who has tried it with more than 40 points. It's just a
guess, but the pgRouting TSP is using a genetic algorithm
library. Eventually the evaluation of each generation isn't good for a
large amount of points.
But as Steve mentioned, there might be special algorithms for your use
case. Unfortunately they are not available in pgRouting. I think they were
even on the GSoC ideas list already, but never chosen by a student.

Daniel

Georepublic UG & Georepublic Japan
eMail: daniel.kastl at georepublic.de
Web: http://georepublic.de