[pgrouting-users] Code tidy up?

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Thu Feb 16 11:17:50 EST 2012

Hi Dave,

These are all items on the we need to do this list and most of them have
tickets open. Daniel and I are buried in project work and our developer
Anton, has moved on to other stuff. So we are looking for a developer or
someone that is interested in working with us to tackle any of these tasks.

I understand you frustration, in the past I wrote my own set of standard
wrapper functions because the existing one was somewhat random. I had
planned to generalize them and contribute them, but I never got the time
to do that.

We definitely need a test suit. The chaos that we current have with
shooting star is the result of not having one. Things got released
without any formal testing.

I don't know if you have had a chance to look at git/github but if you
are working on any of these pieces, it would be nice if you cloned the
pgrouting repository and checked all you changes into that clone, then
it would be easy for us to pull and merge your changes int he future.

If you want to discuss changes before you make them, I would suggest
moving the discussion over to the dev list and I will help you out
there. I hope to have time in march to pull some of these isues together.

Thank you for your thoughts and suggestions, I fully support them.

Best regards,
   -Steve