[pgrouting-users] pgRouting in the cloud?

Corey Carpenter fruitwerks at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 18:04:47 EST 2012

I had to chime in on this one - as George said, there will be the issue of
dependencies and configuration.

I as well would love to see the results as well as some benchmarks if this
pans out.

Good Luck!

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 4:59 PM, George Silva <georger.silva at gmail.com>wrote:

> Well in thesis, it should be possible, if all dependencies are installed
> and the product correctly configured.
>
> Let us know how it went!
>
> George
>

> On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 7:45 PM, James David Smith <
> james.david.smith at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I have noticed that recently Amazon Web Services offer PostgreSQL as a
>> cloud database solution. I don't have much experience with this sort
>> of thing, but I'm wondering whether to look into it as 1) it seems
>> very reasonably priced and I'm sure it will be quicker than running it
>> on my local machine 2) It will also ensure that regular back-ups are
>> automatically taken 3) I would like to learn PHP soon and presume I
>> would be able to easily interact with the database.
>>
>> In summary, I'm considering giving it a go. Two things that I am wary
>> of however, were that I need my PostgreSQL database to have GIS
>> (PostGIS) and routing (pgRouting) capabilities. It seems from the
>> guide here that PostGIS will be relatively easy to install by simply
>> following the instructions:
>>

>> http://www.enterprisedb.com/docs/en/9.0/instpostgis/Tutorial_How_To_Install_PostGIS_in_a_Cloud_Database_Cluster.htm
>>
>> But I am less sure about pgRouting. There aren't any guides that I can
>> find. Is someone with more expertise than me able to comment on how I
>> might go about this please? If it is even possible?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> James
>>

> --
> George R. C. Silva
>
> Desenvolvimento em GIS
> http://geoprocessamento.net
> http://blog.geoprocessamento.net

Any use, dissemination, distribution, posting on Internet bulletin boards,
disclosure or copying of this e-mail or any information contained herein by
or to anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited.
Use of this content for any other purpose is a violation of International
Copyright Laws.