[pgrouting-users] pgRouting in the cloud?

George Silva georger.silva at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 18:18:16 EST 2012

I'm not that experienced with AWS, altought i've tried a few times.

The "vanilla" installation for PostgreSQL 9.0 that it provides can be "auto
installed", but you can start up a machine, connect to it via ssh (secure
shell) and from there download and install all packages that you may want,
just like a regular machine.

But that is true, you'll need pgsql 9.4, there is no pgRouting for 9.x
(yet).

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 8:14 PM, James David Smith <
james.david.smith at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Thanks for the replies, and especially to Max for the link to the
> installation guide. Unfortunately that's beyond me, I work in Windows
> at the moment and have only limited experience of using linux.
> 'Opening a terminal window' was about as far as I got before not
> really knowing what to do! I guess that the terminal window would need
> running from within the AWS service too, so even if I knew how to open
> a terminal window and start entering those commands I'd first need to
> somehow be able to do that from within AWS - which I don't. Also I
> note that the AWS PostgreSQL cloud service is for PostgreSQL 9.0 and
> 9.1, whereas the instructions you gave Max seem to relate to
> PostgreSQL 8.4 - and hence wouldn't be compatible...?
>
> Sorry for being a bit of a newbie - still learning! This would all be
> pretty cool if I only had the know-how.....!
>
> James
>

> On 23 February 2012 22:59, Max Weninger <max.weninger at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 22:45:07 +0000
> > James David Smith <james.david.smith at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> But I am less sure about pgRouting. There aren't any guides that I can
> >> find.
> >
> > Try this one
> > http://workshop.pgrouting.org/chapters/installation.html
> >
> > Regards