[pgrouting-users] One_To_Many dijkstra

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Fri Jul 6 09:52:41 PDT 2012

On 7/6/2012 10:00 AM, Sylvain Housseman wrote:
> Dear pg_routers,
>
> I added a page describing my first (very minor) contribution to the wiki:
> https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/wiki/One_to_many-Dijkstra---To-review
>

> I don't know how to make it accessible (and at first if the function
> really is relevant, I believe that many of you coded a similar
> function...).
> As soon as it does not really modify the method (boost_dijkstra), I
> think the Algorithms section is not appropriate.
>
> Should I
> - remove the whole stuff?
> - add a new section to https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/wiki (i.e.
> "Optional wrappers" or "Contrib. / betas")?
>
> Please feedback if you have the time to try it;

Hi Sylvain,

Thank you for your contribution. It is very much appreciated.

I have a question, if I have 10 destination nodes, how many times to you
solve the graph after it is built?

The Dijkstra algorithm converts a graph into a tree. If you search the
tree for the destination nodes, you should be able to extract the path
as the reverse of the nodes from the destination up to the root (aka:
the source node). So for a single solution, can can extract any of the
path from any destination node in the tree.

Is this how your algorithm works?

Thanks,
   -Steve W