[pgrouting-users] implement directions

Greg Allensworth gregor at greeninfo.org
Mon Jul 30 10:24:30 PDT 2012

On 7/30/2012 9:57 AM, Pedro Costa wrote:
> Em 30-07-2012 17:54, Pedro Costa escreveu:
>> Hi guys,
>> Can someone point to me some links or information about implement
>> driving directions in a pgrouting project?
> With driving directions i mean information about the select route like
> "turn right" ...

http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-users/2007-November/017768.html

That's what I was going to use as a start, when I get to that phase of
our routing system. The "left" or "right" would be the difference
between the two lines' azimuth: if the difference is positive, and more
than 0.15 radians then it's a slight right, more than .50 radians it's a
sharp right, if the difference is negative then it's a left, if the
difference is <0.15 radians in either direction then it's not even a
turn that I care to mention, ....

But I'm sure someone has developed and documented more of the math here,
beyond these first steps. I'm sure I'll be asking a few questions along
these lines, in a few weeks when I get to that phase.

--
Greg Allensworth, Web GIS Developer
BS  A+  Network+  Security+  Linux+  Server+
PH: 415-979-0343 x302  FX: 415-979-0371    email: gregor at greeninfo.org
Web: www.GreenInfo.org     www.MapsPortal.org

Subscribe to MapLines, our e-newsletter, at www.GreenInfo.org