[pgrouting-users] postgis 2.0 and postgresql 9.1

Sanak geosanak at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 07:01:17 PDT 2012

Hi Stephen Woodbridge, Organization Members,
Thanks for your reply.
I didn't noticed about "extension",
and release 2.0 really include lot of TODOs...

So, if windows 64bit demand is large and in a hurry,
I will try mingw 64bit build at first for quick approach,
and later try msvc(Microsoft Visual Studio C++) 64bit build for release 2.0.
(msvc approach will be require many source(.h/.c/.cpp) changes,
because of poor C99 support .etc, and it's no longer packaging issue.)

mingw-diff : https://github.com/sanak/pgrouting/compare/master...mingw
msvc-diff : https://github.com/sanak/pgrouting/compare/master...msvc

Windows msvc build advantages is as follows.
1. PostgreSQL 8.4+ itself has been build with msvc8+.
2. Process debbuging is possible. (see
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Getting_a_stack_trace_of_a_running_PostgreSQL_backend_on_Windows
 )
3. More easier development and crash investigation.

But, those advantages may be useful only Windows enterprise user or
developer.

Regards,