[pgrouting-users] Routing for Imperium Romanum

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Mon Jun 18 06:46:37 PDT 2012

Hi all,

Yesterday I read about an exciting routing project named "Orbis":
http://orbis.stanford.edu/
The project even made it in German national TV news:
http://www.tagesschau.de/schlusslicht/orbis102.html
Watch the Youtube video for a nice introduction:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KwoshD3esdc

Orbis does routing and spatial network analysis based on the network of the
Roman Empire.
It was mentioned, that it uses Open Source software, so I was curious to
see what they use for routing.
I was very happy to read that pgRouting is used (see "Building Orbis ->
Geospatial Technologies").
Need to add it to the pgRouting gallery page.

Georepublic UG & Georepublic Japan
eMail: daniel.kastl at georepublic.de
Web: http://georepublic.de