[pgrouting-users] Running test sequeances

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Tue Jul 23 06:06:53 PDT 2013

On 7/23/2013 5:13 AM, Dave Potts wrote:
> hi
>
> I am looking at a bug in part of the pgroute software,  I like to be
> able to run the 'test software'
>
> I found a perl script in pgrouting-develop/tools called test-runner.pl
>
> Is there any documentation on how to run it?
>
> I noticed that most of the pgroute software has a test directory, is
> there any information on how to add new a test case or the format of a
> test case/

http://docs.pgrouting.org/dev/doc/src/developer/index.html

As the above thinly suggests, each test directory has test.conf file.
the script looks for these and then runs the configured tests.

Usage: test-runner.pl -pgver vpg -pgisver vpgis -psql /path/to/psql
        -pgver vpg          - postgresql version
        -pgport port        - postgresql port to use (default: 5432)
        -pgisver vpgis      - postgis version
        -pgrver vpgr        - pgrouting version
        -psql /path/to/psql - optional path to psql
        -v                  - verbose messages for debuging(enter twice
for more)
        -clean              - dropdb pgr_test__db__test
        -ignorenotice       - ignore NOTICE statements when reporting
failures
        -h                  - help

The only options that might be useful to you are -clean and
-ingnorenotice the reset are to support testing on winnie and travis
systems where we have multiple versions of software installed.

Right now, I don't have an option to run just a single test case, but if
needed I can probably add that.

I would love to get more test cases.