[pgrouting-users] PgRouting sew-devel-2_0 : topology problem

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Mon Mar 18 10:17:58 PDT 2013

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 12:04 AM, Stephen Woodbridge <
woodbri at swoodbridge.com> wrote:

> On 3/18/2013 10:48 AM, Frédéric Bonifas wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have built PgRouting from the sew-devel-2_0 branch. I am using
>> Postgis 2.0 and PostgreSql 9.1.8
>>
>> I have created a database "routing" and created the postgis and
>> pgrouting extensions on it :
>> createdb routing
>> createlang plpgsql routing
>>

> You can use "CREATE EXTENSION plpgsql" but I'm not sure it is even needed.
>
> psql -d routing -c "CREATE EXTENSION postgis;"
>> psql -d routing -c "CREATE EXTENSION pgrouting;"
>>
>> I did not run the following lines because I assume that "CREATE
>> EXTENSION pgrouting;" does that but I may be wrong. Anyway, the
>> /usr/share/postlbs/ directory is empty.
>> psql -d routing -f /usr/share/postlbs/routing_**core.sql
>> psql -d routing -f /usr/share/postlbs/routing_**core_wrappers.sql
>> psql -d routing -f /usr/share/postlbs/routing_**topology.sql
>>

> Right when you install an extension it loads all the files as part of the
> extension. And I do not install files in /usr/share/postlbs The extension
> installs share/postgresql/extension/**pgrouting--1.0.7.sql which contains
> all the SQL concatenated into one file.
>
> One problem with the current setup is that tsp and dd are optional and as
> a result probably need to be broken out into separate extensions, but that
> should not be a problem for now.

If we still need an own directory in /usr/share I would at least rename it
to something like /usr/share/pgrouting ;-)
Otherwise follow the way PostGIS does might be better and use the
PostgreSQL shared directory

Personally I would not separate DD and TSP anymore and make it optional.
The CGAL dependency was painful some years ago, but doesn'T PostGIS require
CGAL now as well? I might be wrong.
And Gaul dependency for TSP could be probably replaced you said.

If they are not optional anymore, then add ing one pgrouting extension
should be enough.

Georepublic UG & Georepublic Japan
eMail: daniel.kastl at georepublic.de
Web: http://georepublic.de