[pgrouting-users] Splitting a network to create intersections

Greg Allensworth gregor at greeninfo.org
Mon May 6 17:16:03 PDT 2013

A few weeks ago, Steve Mather posted, and one of his questions was about
splitting up a trail network so as to create intersections, but without
splitting unnecessarily.

http://pgrouting-users.974093.n3.nabble.com/pgrouting-users-A-vs-Dijkstra-and-the-nature-of-the-A-implementation-td4025099.html

The reply was basically "it's not that hard" which is good to hear,
though I'm still trying to wrap my head around how exactly I would do
this. Any explanation of the logic would be helpful there.

This fellow at StackExchange posted some code, but but he says that it
has problems that again I don't quite follow.

http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/34687/how-to-split-osm-roads-into-individual-segments-at-intersections

Any comments on his approach, and what would be going wrong with it also
creating the unsplit original segments?

--
Greg Allensworth, Web GIS Developer
BS  A+  Network+  Security+  Linux+  Server+
PH: 415-979-0343 x302  FX: 415-979-0371    email: gregor at greeninfo.org
Web: www.GreenInfo.org     www.MapsPortal.org

Subscribe to MapLines, our e-newsletter, at www.GreenInfo.org