[pgrouting-users] How many people use the wrapper functions?

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Sat May 11 13:20:49 PDT 2013

Hi all,

Daniel and I have been wondering if people use the wrapper function
versus the core functions directly? Or if you have written your own
wrapper functions? etc.

The core functions are the low level function that directly call the
internal library functions.

The wrapper functions are all the additional plpgsql convenience
functions that generate more complex SQL queries and then call the core
functions.

I know that I never use the wrapper functions because I found them to
messy and inconsistent and have hard coded values in them, etc. So I
wrote my own high level wrapper functions that made it easy for me to
work with the core functions.

So I thought it would be wise to ask our users what they use? and how
they use pgRouting, so we do not may a decision like "Throw out the
wrapper functions" without some input from the user community.

PLEASE TAKE ACTION and let us know!

Thanks,