[pgrouting-users] [pgrouting-dev] Need some dev help with C++ and Boost issues

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Wed May 15 10:49:40 PDT 2013

On 5/14/2013 9:40 PM, Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have cleared most of the bugs related to 2.0, were down to about 10 or
> so. But I have a few problems that need C++ and/or Boost expertise. For
> Boost we can get good support from the Boost list, but I am not a C++
> programmer. I can make minor tweaks of C-ish types of things but that's
> about it.
>
> Issues I need some help with at least these two:
>
> #87 apsp_warshall needs to use float8 weights not integer
> https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/issues/87
>
> #32 database crashes when a large number was entered as target id
> https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/issues/32

I posted #32 to the boost list and got back a very detailed response
which I have added to the ticket. It looks like there is a lot of room
for improvement in the way we use boost and these changes could be
applied to all of our boost wrapper functions to make the code faster
and more robust.

I'm going to see if I can make some changes, but I'll really shooting in
the dark with c++, so I could use some help on this.

-Steve