[pgrouting-users] removal of the find nearest node/link/etc from 2.0

Greg Allensworth gregor at greeninfo.org
Thu May 16 08:47:22 PDT 2013

On 5/16/2013 7:09 AM, Stephen V. Mather wrote:
> What is the rationale/thought behind removing the find nearest
> node/link/etc from the 2.0 version of pgRouting?

The code I wrote, as Mather pointed out, is PHP anyway, not really "in
pgrouting" as much as PostGIS's own <-> operator. If we do contribute
it, it would be in the form of posting it on Github so folks can crib
off it, not a core part of pgrouting.

I expect that finding barriers is something specific to each use case,
and that a higher-level code example would serve well, rather than
trying to invent a solve-it-all solution for any possible use case.

(unlike my opinion of the astar wrapper function, which was a huge
time-saver even though I did need to make minor mods to it for our use case)

--
Greg Allensworth, Web GIS Developer
BS  A+  Network+  Security+  Linux+  Server+
PH: 415-979-0343 x302  FX: 415-979-0371    email: gregor at greeninfo.org
Web: www.GreenInfo.org     www.MapsPortal.org

Subscribe to MapLines, our e-newsletter, at www.GreenInfo.org