[pgrouting-users] [pgrouting-dev] Thanks

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Thu May 30 11:55:13 PDT 2013

On 5/30/2013 1:46 PM, Pieter du Plooy wrote:
> Guys
>
> Just a short message of thanks for the people involved with bringing the
> community pgrouting 2.0.0.
>
> Thanks for all the effort during the last few months.
>
> Really appreciate it and am especially looking forward to the Windows 64
> build.
>
> Pieter

Hi Pieter,

Your acknowledgement is greatly appreciated. While I have had some
funding for my efforts from GeoRepublic and Paragon Corp, the vast
majority of time has been my personal contribution. I'm really excited
by this release and Daniel and I are working very hard to get this to an
alpha release. Daniel has been working hard on the documentation and
things are pretty close to that alpha release.

We still have a few problems that are in the C++ code and I can't do
much with these so any community help with these would be great.

Another big win for pgRouting is that I have worked with Paragon to get
pgRouting integrated into their build-bot so every time we check-in code
to git, the build-bot picks that up can does a Windows 32 and 64 bit
builds and you can download them from here:

http://winnie.postgis.net/download/windows/pg92/buildbot/
http://www.postgis.net/windows_downloads

For documentation you can check out these links:

http://docs.pgrouting.org/dev/doc/index.html
http://imaptools.com:8081/pgr2-doc/doc/index.html

The first is Daniel's offical pgrouting doc pages and is updated when he
pushes new doc and the second link is mine that updated every time I do
a build in my dev environment.

So the code is pretty stable (although I just noticed I broke something
because I have a failing test that I'm off to chase down), so please
start playing with this, and report issues against 2.0 in the issue
tracker or post them to the list. At this point we really need the
community to jump in and start some early testing. If you can't find
something in the docs or they are wrong please let us know.

Thanks again Pieter and everyone for the support.