[pgrouting-users] Migration Guide from v1 to v2

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Mon Nov 25 06:05:23 PST 2013

On 11/25/2013 5:47 AM, Javier Mr wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an application that uses pgRouting v1. I was wondering if it
> is possible to easily migrate from version 1 to version 2 of
> pgRouting. I noticed that the pgRouting v2 announcement stated that
> v2 is not baskwards compatible, is there any guide / list of steps to
> get it working using v2.
>
> I already have postgres 9.3, postgis2.1 and pgrouting 2.0 installed
> (the ones available in the Ubuntu 14.04 repositories).
>
> I'm reading the documentation for 2.0 and will read the workshop, but
> it does not look like there is a migration chapter.
>
> Wrapping up, is there (or will be) any migration guide?

The closest thing that we came up with in this regard is a
pgrouting_legacy.sql that is here:
https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/blob/master/src/common/sql/pgrouting_legacy.sql

Do not expect this file to work? but you can use it as an example of how
you some of the old commands could be mapped to the new ones. This file
has not been tested or validated in any way, but I put it together with
the thought that it might help someone with understanding how to migrate
1.x to 2.0.

Hope it helps,