[pgrouting-users] Newbee-question, I hope it is OK.

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Mon Jun 23 02:38:23 PDT 2014

Hi Henrik,

For pgRouting you need to be able to make a query, which selects "id,
source, target and cost" coulmn from a PostgreSQL table:
http://docs.pgrouting.org/2.0/en/src/dijkstra/doc/index.html#pgr-dijkstra

So if you can turn your data into the right format and if it contains a
routing topology (source and target information for each road segment),
then it should work.

I think looking at the workshop is a good place to start. It makes use of
OSM data, but with small modifications any other road network data is OK:
http://workshop.pgrouting.org/

Daniel

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 11:26 AM, Henrik Aagaard Sørensen <BU1G at tmf.kk.dk>
wrote:

> I’ve just discovered pgRouting and it does look quite interesting.
>

> I’m currently running our Open Data portal at our municipality. It’s based
> upon CKAN.org, but are running PostgreSQL 9.3 and PostGIS 2.1.
>
> This allows the API for CKAN to receive queries with PostGIS functionality
> in, and return advanced results.
>

> I’ve installed pgRouting and added the pgrouting extension to my database,
> which serves the API with data.
>

> I’ve got a dataset containing GeoJSON-data with our streets in the city.
>

> Is it possible to use this dataset with pgRouting and calculate a simple
> shortest path from point X1 and Y1 (long and lat) to another point X2 and
> Y2 (long and lat) via a SQL query?
>

> I hope such a question is OK, otherwise I apologize. I’ve tried to look at
> the tutorials/workshops around pgRouting, but cannot find any information
> on using GeoJSON (or similar format) as input etc…

Georepublic UG & Georepublic Japan
eMail: daniel.kastl at georepublic.de
Web: http://georepublic.info