[pgrouting-users] pgrouting Dijkstra: non-vertex data routing

Yang Zhang zhangyangeecs at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 15:51:26 PDT 2015

Hello everyone,

I have some data samples, they are some traffic accident locations (have
shape files) I really want to use the dijkstra function of pgrouting to
look into their shortest distances between each other. However, I noticed
that dijkstra requires all the points need to be the vertices of a
topology. But obviously my data points are not the vertices of the road
network. Is there any way to integrate my data points to the road network
and make them vertices too? What is the good approach to route non-vertex
data like this?  Thank you.
--
Yang Zhang