[pgrouting-users] pgr_trsp - applying restrictions with no consideration to their cost

Pedro catacavaco at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 03:00:26 PST 2015

Hi there,

 I'm trying to solve a common problem which is railway routing, thus
enforcing some turn restrictions that may never happen in a pedestrian/car
network.

Trains cannot do sharp turns, so what I have now is a list of source and
target edges that i dont want to occur on my shortest path. The problem is
that the way pgr_trsp works right now with weighted restrictions is not
good for me because those turns cannot happen, not based on their weights
but by the simple fact that it is impossible for a train to maneuver like
that under normal conditions and speed.

My question is, is there the possibility of ignoring the weight and just to
check if the turn is allowed or not ? Am I missing something on the
documentation that specifies that ? Setting the weight to some specific
vale perhaps ?

Thank you in advance,

*Pedro*