[pgrouting-users] Error message- isring() should only be called on a LINE

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Sun Nov 29 11:23:31 PST 2015

Hi Julien,

pgRouting can only handle LINESTRING. If you really have MULTILINESTRING
geometries, how would you define the source and target node? You would
have more than one for source/target but just one column for each.

J answered such a question on Stackexchange:
http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/116414/take-from-multilinestring-the-start-end-points/116444#116444

Hope that helps,
Daniel

On 30/11/15 03:11, Julien Lacroix wrote:
> Hello Daniel, > > i've run into the exact same error message today and in fact, my
geom column is MULTILINESTRING. > Did i have to convert my edge geom to
LINESTRING for using them proper in pgRouting? > > Sincerely, > Julien >