[pgrouting-users] osm2pgrouting / understanding mapconfig.xml files

Katarina Golbang golbang.k at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 10:09:39 PST 2017

hi,

I have a question regarding the mapconfig.xml files. I've imported Austrian
streets by issuing the command:

osm2pgrouting -f austria-latest.osm -h localhost -U postgres -d catchment
-W postgres --conf=/usr/share/osm2pgrouting/mapconfig_for_cars.xml

In case I want to compute pedestrian catchment areas, is it okay to pass
false as the last parameter to the pgr_drivingdistance?

Currently, the usage looks like this:

pgr_drivingdistance('SELECT gid AS id, source, target, length_m / 1.3 AS
cost FROM public.ways',
        pgr_pointToEdgeNode('public.ways', ST_Point($1, $2), 0.01),
        limit_max,
        false)

1) SELECT gid AS id, source, target, length_m / 1.3 AS cost FROM public.ways

costs are minutes (length_m / pedestrian's speed = seconds)

2) limit_max is a seconds value such as 900 (=15 minutes)

3) false is the last parameter of pgr_drivingdistance (= undirected graph)

Do I need to re-import the data to get a truly pedestrian suitable network?

Thank you in advance.
Katarina