[pgrouting-users] PG Routing Question

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Sat Sep 2 07:56:46 PDT 2017

Andrew,

Sounds like you are asking for virtual points functionality.

In the table we presented I think we had logic to put in edge_id, fraction.  Though we didn't have time to cover it in the workshop so we took it out of the presentation.  I think we still have it in the code.

Anyrate if you use those which gives you an interpolated point along the edge, you can use the function:

pgr_withPointsDD which works with virtual nodes  instead of pgr_drivingDistance

http://docs.pgrouting.org/latest/en/pgr_withPointsDD.html#pgr-withpointsdd

Hope that helps,

Regina