[pgrouting-users] withPoints functions

Vicky Vergara vicky at georepublic.de
Thu Sep 28 16:01:23 PDT 2017

Hello

As a policy, while rewriting the internal code, nothing new is considered
as "part of the release".
So, all functions that have "proposed" were not on the 2.0 release.
(actually, pgr_trsp is more unstable than with_points but it was on the 2.0
release)

withPoints family still has some issues:
https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/issues/760
But its quite usable.

if it shows on the main index its because we are starting to organize the
documentation by family and category
So, pgr_withPointsDD is on the withPoints family, but belongs to the
driving distance category

You can see that in the dijkstra family also some "proposed" functions show.

Regards
Vicky

On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 4:25 PM, Jakob Miksch <jakob.miksch at posteo.eu>
wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> I am exploring the "withPoints" functions [1].
> Two questions regarding them:
>
> Are they considered as stable, are they already in use somewhere?
>
> Why is only "pgr_withPointsDD"[2] listed in the table of contents [3]?
> (and not the other four existing "withPoints" functions?)
>
> Thanks and best regards,
> Jakob
>
> [1] http://docs.pgrouting.org/latest/en/withPoints-family.html
> [2] http://docs.pgrouting.org/latest/en/pgr_withPointsDD.html#