[pgrouting-users] problems with pgr_pointsAsPolygon

Dave Potts mrdapotts at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 09:43:02 PDT 2018

I have a collection of x,y points and I am trying to draw a bounding
polygon. I was unhappy with the default returned, so I decided to a play
with the alpha parameter.

I get no result and the value 'NOTICE:  n = 1'

printed on the console,
My sql is

pgr_pointsAsPolygon('select id,st_x(st_startpoint(the_geom)) as x,
st_y(st_startpoint(the_geom)) as y from tmp where label=27,5.0);
 select pgr_version() returns psql (10.5 (Ubuntu 10.5-1.pgdg16.04+1))
The machine is running postgres 10.5-1

Is there anything wrong with what I am doing? Using an alpha value of 0
does not generate an error.

regards

Dave.