[pgrouting-users] How to correctly build topology in parallel

Jonathan Chambers Jonathan.Chambers at unige.ch
Tue Sep 7 08:57:49 PDT 2021

Hi,

I’ve been trying to build a routing topology using the Swiss roads network dataset. Since it’s pretty slow I used pgr_createTopology with the ‘rows where’ clause to init the topology using parallel queries. However, when it’s done I find that there are duplicate routing vertices, which I assume are because adjacent routing edges were processed in separate queries and therefore appeared to be ‘dead ends’ from the perspective of the individual parallel queries.

Therefore I’d like to know if there is a ‘correct’ way to do this?

Best,
Dr Jonathan Chambers