[pgrouting-users] Dynamic costs question

Alex D. kmortyk at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 00:00:00 PDT 2023

Dear pgRouting users,

I am currently working on my project and would like to learn more about the
library. Specifically, I am using it to find the most profitable paths
between two tokens.

The graph I am working with represents tokens between which transfers on
the Ethereum blockchain are possible.

Could you please help me with the following questions:

1. Is it possible to use dynamic costs in path finding algorithms,
specifically in pgr_bellmanFord? By dynamic costs, I mean modifying the
cost of an edge as the algorithm passes through the graph based on
previously added edges in the path.

2. If dynamic costs are not possible, is it correct to say that this is the
problem of finding paths in time-dependent graphs? I am unsure because in
my case, it is possible for the weight to decrease as the algorithm travels
along the edges.

Thank you very much.