[Portugal] wfs update

Gabriel Nolasco nolasco_gabriel at yahoo.com.br
Thu Jul 16 09:26:08 EDT 2009

Hi!

I’m trying to update feature’s attributes on a WFS layer without successes.

This is my layer instantiation:

var myWFSLayer = new OpenLayers.Layer.WFS(
	"myWFSLayerName",
	"myWFSLayerServiceURL",
	{typename: 'topp:myWFSLayerTypename'},
	{
		typename: "myWFSLayerTypename",
		featureNS: "http://www.openplans.org/topp",
		extractAttributes: true
	}
);

My feature attributes:

var myAttributes = {
	"myField1": "myAttribute1",
        "myField2": "myAttribute2"
}

If I commit a new feature setting the state to “insert” the transaction succeeds and the feature is stored with its attributes:

myNewFeature.state = OpenLayers.State.INSERT;
myNewFeature.attributes = myAttributes;
myWFSLayer.commit();

However, if I set a previously existent feature state to "update" there are no changes in the database after the commit and the feature keeps its old attributes:

myOldFeature.state = OpenLayers.State.UPDATE;
myOldFeature.attributes = myAttributes;
myWFSLayer.commit();

I’m using postgreSQL 8.3 + GeoServer 1.7.5 + OpenLayers 2.8
Anyone has an idea about what I’m missing?

Thanks in advance,
Gabriel Nolasco