[Portugal] Fwd: World Borders

Felipe Costa fsc7mail at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 13:48:06 EDT 2009

Segue anexo o mapa corrigido.

Abraço,

Felipe

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Felipe Costa <fsc7mail  gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 4:20 PM
Subject: Fwd: World Borders
To: Junio Serique <junio.serique  gmail.com>

Segue camada em anexo.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Felipe Costa <fsc7mail  gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 5:37 PM
Subject: World Borders
To: bjorn  thematicmapping.org

Hello Bjorn,

Congratulations for the blog and TME.
I've recently downloaded world_border from your website and I put it
in Postgis and got some problems publishing it in Geoserver, as you
may see in the figure attached, in Qgis and GvSig the layer was
displayed very well but in Geoserver nothing worked. I went to postgis
and after some queries I've discovered that 4 features were not valid
using isvalid function. I've lost now the error but it was something
like

Self-intersection at or near point

The problem were in the features of Canada, Chile, Russia and Norway.
I've tried to simplify(the_geom) but the results were not ok, so I
found this thread which solved my problem.
http://www.nabble.com/Cleaning-non-valid-multipolygon-td21796142.html

I've exported the layer with pgsql2shp and is attached if you may want
to take a look at it.
Now Geoserver is working great, that's it, hope it helps somehow.

Best regards,

Felipe Costa

--
Bendirei o senhor em todo o tempo,