[Portugal] MapFish starts the OSGEO incubation process !

Hugo hfpmartins at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 14:38:02 EST 2009

  Sent to you by Hugo via Google Reader: MapFish starts the OSGEO
incubation process ! via MapFish by Cédric at camptocamp on 11/9/09
Both MapFish and GeoServer projects have been accepted yesterday to the
OSGEO (Open Source Geospatial foundation) incubation process.
MapFish initial discussions started at Foss4G 2006. I think that the
MapFish community did a fantastic work in order to provide an
easy-to-use web 2.0 development framework. It's now an honour to be
recognized on the OSGEO level, together with very well-established Open
Source projects.
We face now some very interesting challenge like defining the exact
content of MapFish, deciding about the license model and the copyright
assignment, organizing the PSC and the governance etc, etc... But
maybe, the biggest challenge will be to explain what is exactly MapFish
and what are its benefits. Anyone who is willing to participate to
these initial discussions is welcome to join an IRC meeting tomorrow.
Thanks to Gary Sherman for accepting to be our mentor in this process.

MapFish Client discussing with MapFish Server
Things you can do from here:
- Subscribe to MapFish using Google Reader
favorite sites