[Portugal] GEOSTAT 2010 Summer School

Artur Gil arturfreiregil at yahoo.com.br
Wed Feb 10 14:01:47 EST 2010

GEOSTAT focuses on important aspects of statistical analysis of spatial and spatio-temporal data using open source / free GIS tools: R, SAGA GIS, GRASS GIS, Quantum GIS, GDAL, Google Earth and similar. The course participants learn how to move data back and forth between the different environments; how to produce scripts and automate analysis. We welcome also R beginners and users needing refresh courses in programming, however, some basic knowledge of statistics and geocomputing is a prerequisite to follow the lectures. This year, we would also like to introduce/promote topics such as: web-based computing, WPS client-server environments, 3D and 4D geostatistics, combining R+SAGA/GRASS. This is a 5-day course with two parallel sessions, which means that there will be total 7 full-day blocks (three days with parallel sessions) of lectures; the last day of the summer school participants can present their research problems and ask for feedback from the
 whole summer school. Dead-line to register: 15th February.

More info: http://geostat2010.info/

Regards,
__________________________________
Hakim Abdi

International Master's Programme in
Geospatial Technologies

Institute for Geoinformatics
University of Muenster, Germany
32U 5755408.16mN, 404463.35mE
ifgi.uni-muenster.de

Higher Institute of Statistics and Information Management
New University of Lisbon, Portugal
29S 4287095.5mN, 486099.7mE
www.isegi.unl.pt

DE +49 (0) 151 237 137 44