[Portugal] OGC WFS Standard Accepted as an ISO Standard

Hugo Martins hfpmartins at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 13:11:09 EDT 2011

  Envoyé par Hugo Martins via Google Reader : OGC WFS Standard Accepted
as an ISO Standard via Slashgeo.org de Satri le 21/04/11

Via internal mail, I learned about the OGC press release announcing
that the Web Feature Service (WFS) standard has been accepted as an ISO
standard.

 From the press release: "I am very happy that once again, based upon
the excellent co-operation with the OGC, we have been able to provide
the geospatial community with an important International Standard,"
said Olaf Østensen, chairman of ISO/TC211. "The WFS Standard will
enable sharing of geospatial information in an interoperable way, and
it is already a core component in any spatial data infrastructure.
Sharing and re-use of information are among the most important
objectives of our standards development."

We of course mentioned WFS many times in the past, and WFS becoming an
ISO standard certainly matters to many of us.
You are not watching this post, click to start watching
Ce que vous pouvez faire à partir de cette page :
- Vous abonner à Slashgeo.org à l'aide de Google Reader
- Suivre l'actualité de tous vos sites favoris avec Google Reader