[Portugal] Cartaro Geospatial CMS

Hugo Martins hfpmartins gmail.com
Quarta-Feira, 8 de Agosto de 2012 - 01:16:16 PDT

  Sent to you by Hugo Martins via Google Reader: Cartaro Geospatial CMS
via Slashgeo.org by Satri on 8/7/12

With Slashgeo using Drupal since 2010, I recently found Cartaro, an
open source geospatial CMS.

The overview: "Cartaro is the web mapping platform that brings the
power of the best open source geospatial components into a content
management system. With Cartaro you are able to set-up and run your own
geo-enabled and OGC standards-compliant website with not more than a
few clicks. The geospatial components used in Cartaro are PostGIS,
GeoServer, GeoWebCache and OpenLayers. All those are managed from
within the powerful CMS Drupal.

Cartaro is for organizations and individuals that need to run a
light-weight spatial data infrastructure (SDI) without the need for
extensive configurations and much individual programming.

Cartaro is also for all websites that focus on CMS features while also
having to handle geospatial data."

If you head to the project's page on Drupal, only a dev version for D7
is currently available, but it looks in very active development. We did
mentioned other Drupal geospatial projects in the past, including the
CartoDB Drupal module.

Google Plus One

Things you can do from here:
- Subscribe to Slashgeo.org using Google Reader
favorite sites