[Portugal] JS.geo 2013 Wrapup: What's New with JavaScript and Geospatial

Hugo Martins hfpmartins gmail.com
Sexta-Feira, 18 de Janeiro de 2013 - 10:26:54 PST

  Sent to you by Hugo Martins via Google Reader: JS.geo 2013 Wrapup:
What's New with JavaScript and Geospatial via Slashgeo.org by Satri on
1/18/13

We mentioned the first JS.geo 2013 event and Peter Batty shares his
wrap-up of the event. I strongly recommend reading the full entry if
you have any remote interest in web mapping technology.

 From the entry: "D3 supports a new format called TopoJSON, which is
similar to geoJSON, but supports topology to eliminate redundancy. For
polygon data this can reduce data volumes by around 80% (compared to
regular geoJSON). It also lends itself to robust simplification of
polygons. [...] Several presentations, including this one by Aaron
Ogle, confirmed the impression I had that the Leaflet JavaScript
mapping API has great momentum. [...] Brendan Kenny from Google gave an
interesting talk on WebGL, which brings high performance 3D (and 2D)
graphics to (most) web browsers [...]"

Google Plus One
Things you can do from here:
- Subscribe to Slashgeo.org using Google Reader
favorite sites