[postgis-devel] pgsql 7.3

redmonde at purdue.edu redmonde at purdue.edu
Sat Aug 17 02:48:27 PDT 2002

I'm running a very current (as of yesterday) pgsql development version 7.3. I'm not sure if any developers are keeping up on recent postgres, but it seems that plpgsql changes have affected postGIS.

1: The test in the readme file does not work as said in casting. Doing:
SELECT * from geom_test WHERE geom && 'BOX3D(2 2 0,3 3 0)'::box3d; replys:
Unable to identify an operator '&&' for types 'geometry' and 'box3d'
but SELECT * from geom_test WHERE geom && 'BOX3D(2 2 0,3 3 0)'::geometry; works.

2: SELECT AddGeometryColumn('test','geotest','geopoint',1,'POINT',2); returns:
WARNING:  Error occurred while executing PL/pgSQL function addgeometrycolumn
WARNING:  line 50 at execute statement
ERROR:  copyObject: don't know how to copy node type 506

I'm not sure if these changes are bugs with postgis 0.7.1 or because of internal changes in the upcomming plpgsql. I'd like to know if any developers have looked into this?
Thanks;
Eric