[postgis-devel] GeometryCollection

Markus Schaber schabios at logi-track.com
Thu Dec 9 06:10:52 PST 2004

Hello,

The current PostGIS jdbc classes do not contain any GeometryCollection
implementation.

We were in the need of an empty GeometryCollection as some PostGIS
methods return them occasionally, so I wrote a minimal implementation.

Later, I came accross the GeometryCollection implementation in the wkb4j
package that seems to be rather complete and is LGPL. I already
contacted the author what he thinks about submission to PostGIS, and am
waiting for the reply.

I attached both classes to this email, so you can review them. I would
vote for including the wkb4j implementation, as is more complete and
seems mature.

Thanks,
Markus
--
markus schaber | dipl. informatiker
logi-track ag | rennweg 14-16 | ch 8001 zürich