[postgis-devel] LWgeom and PostGIS Java classes

Markus Schaber schabios at logi-track.com
Mon Dec 13 06:55:45 PST 2004

Hello,

I was unable to follow the PostGIS development discussed on this list
between 0.8.2 and last week.

But as far as I heard, PostGIS 1.0 will be based on lwgeom, and those
have a new canonical representation that is an extended WKB, the text
form is encoded in hex.

This means that the Java PostGIS classes have to be changed. As far as
my time permits, I would help in getting this work (perhaps based on the
wkb4j code).

Are there any pointers to documentation about this, or do I have to scan
the list archives?

Thanks,
Markus

--
markus schaber | dipl. informatiker
logi-track ag | rennweg 14-16 | ch 8001 zürich