[postgis-devel] RE: standard deviation based histogram extent reduction

Mark Cave-Ayland m.cave-ayland at webbased.co.uk
Fri Jun 11 00:14:59 PDT 2004

Hi strk,

The irregular sized histogram code looks good to me.

The only improvement I was suggesting was that instead of considering
the cutoff rectangle as being the overall histogram extent, we should
recalculate the histogram extent ignoring everything outside of this
rectangle. This would have the result in most cases of bringing in the
histogram extent much "tighter" around the dataset and hence increase
the accuracy - other than changing the histogram extents, it won't
change any of the existing code or methodology.

Cheers,

Mark.

---

Mark Cave-Ayland
Webbased Ltd.
Tamar Science Park
Derriford
Plymouth
PL6 8BX
England

Tel: +44 (0)1752 764445
Fax: +44 (0)1752 764446

recipient please delete it from your system and notify the sender. You
should not copy it or use it for any purpose nor disclose or distribute
its contents to any other person.