[postgis-devel] PostgreSQL 7.5 and PostGIS 0.8.1 or cvs

Craig Miller craig.miller at spatialminds.com
Thu May 6 14:10:52 PDT 2004

Hi,

I am trying to compile the unsupported combination of PostgreSQL 7.5
(snapshot) and PostGIS 0.8.1 (or CVS).  I know this question has come up
before, but has anyone looked at the problem with the call to
canonicalize_qual and determined how the call should be made to the version
of this method included in pgsql 7.5?

The code:
 /*
         * If the index is partial, AND the index predicate with the
         * explicitly given indexquals to produce a more accurate idea of
the
         * index restriction.  This may produce redundant clauses, which we
         * hope that cnfify and clauselist_selectivity will deal with
         * intelligently.
         *
         * Note that index->indpred and indexQuals are both in implicit-AND
form
         * to start with, which we have to make explicit to hand to
         * canonicalize_qual, and then we get back implicit-AND form again.
         */
        if (index->indpred != NIL)
        {
                Expr       *andedQuals;

                andedQuals =
make_ands_explicit(nconc(listCopy(index->indpred),

          indexQuals));
                selectivityQuals = canonicalize_qual(andedQuals, true);
        }

The error:

gcc -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declaratio
ns -g -fexceptions   -I. -DFRONTEND -DSYSCONFDIR='"/pgSpatial/etc/postgresql
"'  -DUSE_VERSION=74  -I../../src/include -I./src/include/port/win32 -DEXEC_
BACKEND  "-I../../src/include/port/win32"  -c -o postgis_estimate.o
postgis_estimate.c

postgis_estimate.c: In function `genericcostestimate2':
postgis_estimate.c:751: too many arguments to function `canonicalize_qual'
postgis_estimate.c:751: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
make: *** [postgis_estimate.o] Error 1

Thanks for the help,
--Craig