[postgis-devel] loader incompatibility

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Mon Apr 4 13:50:29 PDT 2005

I've been porting old code to new application.
I carefully avoided to touch any old code
(no wrapping of the load_data functionality, no
function for Outer/Ring detection common for both OLD and NEW
polygon output) to reduce the risk of breaking tested code.
I've made some tests and the OLD way works against both OLD
and NEW postgis.
Limits of using OLD mode are:
	- coordinate drifts
	- no support for M

Currently my flag is -w (for WKT) but that is actually EWKT
when it comes to Z values.

I think this is the cleaner way to handle the problem and
also WKT no dump mode *might* eventually work on other
OGC-standard databases (do you know any ?).

May I ask you:
	- test
	- if you like -w or want another name for the flag
	- test
	- test again

Code is in CVS. Cleanups would be done for 1.0.1.
(Markus: sorry about patches requiring rework)

--strk;