[postgis-devel] jdbc2 builds

Devrim GUNDUZ devrim at tdmsoft.com.tr
Mon Apr 18 02:24:03 PDT 2005

Hi,

I'm working on packaging PostGIS JDBC2, and had some problems:

AFAICS, the jdbc2 makefile assumes that the name of the PostgreSQL jar
is postgresql.jar, but I think it is wrong. To build RPMs, I ran the
following shell script:

#!/bin/bash
JDBC_VERSION_RPM=`rpm -ql postgresql-jdbc| grep 'jdbc2.jar$'|awk -F '/' '{print $5}'`
sed 's/postgresql.jar/'${JDBC_VERSION_RPM}'/g' $MAKEFILE_DIR/Makefile > $MAKEFILE_DIR/Makefile.new
mv -f $MAKEFILE_DIR/Makefile.new $MAKEFILE_DIR/Makefile

(MAKEFILE_DIR is exported via spec file during RPM builds)

Even though this is a solution for RPM, I think we should find a way to
dedect the name/path of JDBC2 driver of PostgreSQL.

BTW, I've build many RPMs and improved the spec file. See the results at:

http://pgblog.gunduz.org//index.php?entry=entry050418-010328

Regards,
--
Devrim GUNDUZ